Saturday, May 23, 2009

~I left my <3 in San Francisco


As I get back into the swing of life back in the desert. I can't seem to help but miss the Bay Area. So I'm thinking a theme week-end is in order.
|





And many
more to pick from....

Get some great Chinese take out the finish it all up with...

I left my heart in San Francisco Chocolate Panini
Yield: 5 servings (2 sandwiches per serving)

* 8 ounce(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Ghirardelli Baking Bar

* 1 18-inch Sour Dough baguette with flaky crust
* 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, at room temperature

Directions
Slice the bread on the diagonal into slides 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick; there should be at least 20 slices of bread. Break the chocolate into 1/2 ounce squares. Butter one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 teaspoon of butter and make a sandwich, butter side out, using a piece and a half of chocolate per sandwich.

Heat a large pan over medium heat and, in batches, cook each sandwich until golden brown, pressing down with a spatula. Flip the sandwiches and cook the second side until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Keep warm in the oven.

The sandwiches can also be made in a panini machine following the manufacturer's instructions.

0 comments: