Sunday, August 26, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:40 AM
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:24 AM
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Monday, July 9, 2012
Pottery Barn...As a few of you know I really want to work for Pottery Barn's catalog HQ. Let's show them some love. - Winners
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 1:16 PM
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Blue sugar or edible glitter
Melt 12 ounces of white
chocolate chips in a microwave according
to the package directions (make sure the
container and the berries are dry; even a
little moisture will alter the texture of the
One at a time, dip strawberries into
the chocolate and then into blue sugar or
Set them to harden on waxed
Makes 35 to 45 decorated berries.
- Melt 12 ounces of white chocolate chips in a microwave according to the package directions (make sure the container and the berries are dry; even a little moisture will alter the texture of the candy).
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:38 PM
Pottery Barn...As a few of you know I really want to work for Pottery Barn's catalog HQ. Let's show them some love. - Entries
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Saturday, June 30, 2012
“Trying to find stuff that’s still fashion-forward in my size is damn near impossible. It’s either for like a 98-year-old woman or a 14-year-old hooker, and there is nothing in the middle.”
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 3:31 PM
The week-end is here again. For this weeks treat I give you "Pillow Talk"
Interior decorator Jan Morrow(my hero) and composer Brad Allen share a phone line. Brad keeps the line occupied all day talking to his girlfriends, which annoys Jan terribly and animosity between them builds up. They however have never met and when by chance Brad sees Jan, he decides to add her to his list of conquests. Knowing however how she feels about him, he poses as an innocent Texan country boy named Rex Stetson to win her.
A tasty themed treat to eat while watching? How about Chocolate Pillows~
* 1/2 cup port or red zinfandel*
* 1 Tbsp. sugar
* 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
* 1 Tbsp. butter
* 2 cups canola oil or cooking oil
* 12 wonton wrappers
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 3-oz. bar bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 6 pieces
* Vanilla ice cream
* Grated bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
1. For sauce, in a small saucepan heat port to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Add 1 tablespoon sugar; cook and stir 1 minute. Add cherries; cook 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and whisk in butter; cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until temperature reaches 350 degrees F. While oil heats, lightly brush edges of one wonton wrapper with some of the beaten egg. Place 1 piece of chocolate in center atop wonton wrapper. Place another wonton wrapper atop. Press edges to seal.
3. Cook filled wontons, one at a time, in hot oil for 1 minute or until golden brown, turning frequently to brown evenly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature. Cool wontons slightly. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar.
4. Serve wontons with sauce and ice cream. Sprinkle ice cream with grated chocolate and serve with two spoons. Makes 2 servings.
5. *Test kitchen tip: If using zinfandel, increase sugar in sauce to 2 tablespoons.
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 7:46 AM
As a few of you may know I am on a mission. First to get done with school and then move to the Bay Area. But, also to work for Pottery Barn's catalog HQ. So I am sending out my love letters to my future bosses all over the web.Just to get them use to knowing who I am. I'd hate for them to get my name wrong on my paychecks. :)
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Happy Week-end Bloggers. School has been keeping me super busy and has kept me away from you. I will try to make it up t you with a week-end movie & a yummy treat. So.....
Cinema Paradiso (1988) ....
A filmmaker recalls his childhood, when he fell in love with the movies at his village's theater and formed a deep friendship with the theater's projectionist.
- 3 cup(s) (whole-milk) ricotta cheese
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup(s) (superfine) sugar, use regular sugar if unavailable
- 8 sugar cones
- 1 cup(s) mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup(s) confectioners' sugar, in a sieve or sugar shaker
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, orange zest and superfine sugar. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag, snipping the corner off to create a homemade pastry bag.
- Squeeze the ricotta mixture into each of the sugar cones, filling them all the way until the mixture just bulges out of the cone.
- Arrange the mini chocolate chips in a small, shallow plate or bowl. Sprinkle the cones with the confectioners� sugar, if you like, then dip the exposed ricotta portion of the cone into the mini chocolate chips.
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 7:20 PM
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 5:29 PM
Labels: Azzedine Alaia, Carolina Amato, Chinti and Parker, Diane von Furstenberg, fashion, Furla, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Kenneth Jay Lane, La Regale, Mimco, Monte Carlo, Nicole Miller, polyvore, rsvp, style, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania, Yossi Harari, Yves Saint Laurent
Monday, May 14, 2012
Jan Morrow from Pillow Talk. She is chic and really knows how to wear a hat. Hands down the best!
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:28 PM
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 11:32 AM
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:34 AM
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:27 AM
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 2:43 PM