Friday, December 25, 2009

~Give me your hand....


Merry Christmas to all my dear blogger friends. I have been so busy the last few weeks & I am afraid I haven't had the time to do any blogging. But, with a 3 day week-end ahead I am hoping to get some in.

With New Years ahead of us I would like to share with you how to wear gloves. Gloves haven't really been getting a proper showing lately. Which is sad for they add an air of elegant to a woman. Bride's too might want to take note of this. For a Bride wearing the right gloves looks timeless.

First off The Opera-Length Glove. The the 16-button glove, also known as the opera-length glove, extends to the upper arm and accents a sleeveless or strapless gown.


2-button: Also known as "shorties", these are wrist-length gloves, generally 8 to 9 inches long.


8 button = mid forearm length



Look for gloves that complement your dress. Pair simple gloves with fancy dresses or fancy gloves with simple dresses. If you are wearing a long sleeved dress. Skip the gloves. The gloves are meant to be seen.

Put your gloves back on if you have taken them off for any reason, and wear them for your formal photographs.

If you are a Bride Slit the seam of a long glove at the underside of the ring finger to be able to slip your finger out during the ceremonial ring exchange - resew the seam after the wedding. If you opt for shorter wrist-length gloves, you can simply remove the glove and hand it to a bridal attendant.

Finally keep your gloves off while you're eating and drinking. You don't want to be shaking hands later with stained gloves.

3 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Merry Christmas!

Champagne Macarons said...

A lovely post! I must confess that I have a weakness for gloves, all sizes and colours ~ most of all, vintage gloves. Their quality in impeccable.

The Blushing Hostess said...

I too have a weakness for all things lovely and girly. That first shot is one of my all time fave Audrey images. Thank you for allowing me to revisit it...

Happy new year PP!