I have taken a 3 day week-end to try to get my head together. So I am in much need of a chick-flick week-end. So here it goes...
The MatchMaker (1997)
When election campaigner Marcy Tizard arrives in Ballinagra Ireland to track down the ancestral roots of U.S. Senator John McGlory, romance is the last thing on her mind. But this otherwise sleepy village is in the middle of its annual matchmaking festival, and the locals have money on it that she'll be fixed up in no time.
In Honor of my late cat Bailey..."BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM BUNDT CAKE"
1 cup chopped pecans
1 package yellow cake mix
3.4oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
¼ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup Irish Cream liqueur
½ cup butter
¼ cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup Irish Cream liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over bottom of pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Add eggs, water, oil and liqueur. Beat for 5 minutes at high speed. Pour batter over nuts in pan.
3. Bake 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
4. Prepare glaze while cake is cooling in pan. Combine butter, water and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Irish Cream.
5. Invert cake onto serving dish. Prick top and sides of cake. Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake. Allow to absorb glaze; repeat until all glaze is used.
Read more: http://www.recipegirl.com/2008/08/19/irish-cream-bundt-cake/#ixzz0vGlXs4wA
Friday, July 30, 2010
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:36 PM