It's the week-end and you know what that means bloggers. Here is your movie & yummy treat. Enjoy!
A League of Their Own (1992)
In the farm of Oregon Dottie Hinson and Kit Keller are working on the farm. Sisters that do love each other, except when it comes to baseball. Kit wants to play in the league but is upset to hear that it is Dottie who is chosen to play for the AAGPBL. (All American Girls Professional Baseball League) Dottie refuses to play unless Kit can come along. AAGPBL was only made because of the World War II and all of the man were in the war. Along the way to the stadium they meet Marla Hooch who is a great hitter, but to most people not the prettiest girl. When they are going to try out they meet Doris and Mae because Doris threw a baseball at Dottie who caught it impressing Doris. They girls find out their new manager is Jimmy Dugan. Jimmy Dugan drinks a lot and is the worst manager until Dottie get through to him and he becomes a better person. Miss Cuthbert makes sure the rules are followed, no boys, no drinking or smoking until Mae poisons her meal. The girls go to party and Marla who had been overlooked a lot is noticed by a guy named Nelson. Dottie's husband Bob is in the army and when news comes that a man in the army has been killed it turns out to be Betty Spaghetti. After awhile, Kit feels that once again like at home she is behind Dottie's shadow. Dottie notices it to and asks to be transferred to another team. Of course Mr. Lovitz doesn't want the best player to be transferred so he has Kit transferred to Racine. Kit feels that Dottie did this on purpose. Kit plays for the Racine while Dottie plays for Rockford. In the final scene Dottie is crashed into by Kit and she drops the ball, letting Racine win, making Kit have her own stardom instead of being in Dottie's shadow. The girls have a reunion and they remember the fun they had together. Written by SilverMoonSparkling
"Geena's Guava Sorbet"
* 8 Guavas
* 3 Tablespoons (Fresh) Lemon Juice
* 2 Tablespoons Vodka
* 1 1/4 c. Sugar
1. Cut the guavas in half and scoop out the contents.
2. Place the guava innards in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add the lemon juice, vodka, and sugar and process for another 30 seconds.
4. Place the mixture into the refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour.
5. Pour the chilled mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
6. Transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 6:36 PM