Happy Easter Week-End! I hope you all have a great day:)
It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown
While most of the Peanuts Gang is getting ready for Easter, Linus, certain it is all a waste of time, tries convincing everyone the Easter Beagle will take care of everything, but his pleas fall on deaf ears. Only Sally believes him, though she still has some suspicions after the Halloween fiasco.
Easter Beagle Cadbury Pancakes
3 Cadbury Creme eggs
225ml milk, plus an extra 10ml (2tsp)
75g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
15ml (1tbsp) sunflower oil
1. Carefully cut the creme eggs in half down the seam and pull apart. Using a teaspoon scoop out the “goo” and place in a small saucepan. (Alternatively place the “goo” in a microwaveable bowl and microwave on high power for 10-20 seconds depending on microwave rating.)
2. Break the milk chocolate shells into pieces, then place in a small bowl with 125ml of the milk. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate and milk has melted together. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Place the flour in a bowl, with the egg and remaining milk and chocolate milk, whisk together to form a batter.
4. Dip a piece of rolled up kitchen paper into the oil and rub over an 18cm pancake or crêpe pan, then heat over a moderate heat. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the chocolate batter into the pan, tilting it so that the batter covers the base thinly and evenly.
5. Cook for about 1 minute, or until the pancake is set and coloured underneath. Loosen the edges with a palette knife then either turn the pancake over or toss. Cook the second side for about 30 seconds, or until just set.
6. Slide the pancake onto a plate, cover with baking parchment or foil and keep warm. Use the oil to cook the remaining batter in the same way, to make another 7 pancakes. Add each one to the warm plate, layering with baking parchment.
7. Place the pan with the “goo” over a moderate heat with the 10ml of milk, until melted. Try not to stir the mixture, just gently shake the pan. To serve, fold the pancakes into triangles and drizzle the “goo” sauce over the top.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 8:58 AM