Happy week-end everyone. I have to tell you I really like this film. It kinda left the movie theater too soon for most people to even have heard of it. So here is your week-end treat. Enjoy!
"The Accidental Husband" (2009)
New York firefighter Patrick Sullivan had no idea his seemingly idyllic life was about to go up in smoke – especially as the unwitting, second-hand recipient of advice from famed love expert and radio host Dr. Emma Lloyd. One day he is a happy, go-lucky guy looking forward to a life with his soon-to-be-bride. The next thing you know, his fiancée Sophia (Justina Machado) is seeking couples counseling on the radio from Dr. Lloyd. The no-nonsense, ever practical Dr. Lloyd questions Sophia’s concept of romantic love and advises her to break their engagement, which she swiftly does. But when Patrick and his computer-savvy neighbor decide to give Dr. Lloyd a taste of her own medicine and “accidentally” join them in holy matrimony – something that doesn’t go over too well with her fiancée (played by Colin Firth) -- it isn’t long before they learn that sometimes even an expert in love needs a second opinion…
Enjoy with..."The Not Accidental Apricot Almond Godiva White Chocolate Pizza"
1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted*
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
1/3 cup toasted rice cereal
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
10 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Solid Ivory, cut up
18 whole dried apricots
1/4 cup dried papaya or pineapple, cut into 1/16-inch-wide strips
1. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil. Trace 8-inch circle on each piece of foil, using an 8-inch cake pan as a guide.
2. Combine 1/4 cup almonds, 1/4 cup pistachios and 1/4 cup cranberries, rice cereal and chopped apricots in a bowl.
3. Place the solid ivory in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more or until chocolate softens. Stir until smooth.
4. Stir in nut/fruit mixture. Place half in center of each 8-inch circle. Spread each into an 8-inch circle. Garnish with remaining almonds, pistachios and cranberries. Top with whole apricots and papaya strips.
5. Refrigerate pizzas about 30 minutes or until they just begin to harden. Cut each pizza into 8 wedges, using a sharp thin-bladed knife. Allow pizzas to set completely at room temperature or in the refrigerator before removing from foil. Store pizza slices between layers of waxed paper or aluminum foil in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 2 weeks.
*To quickly toast almonds, spread them on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high (100% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until toasted.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 9:27 AM