Honey Cupcakes ~
* 1/4 cup softened butter
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup honey
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 Tbsp. baking powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1/2 cup honey
* 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
To make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.
In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in honey, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into the batter until just blended. Scoop the batter into the cups evenly.
Cupcakes are ready when the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
To make the icing: Stir all ingredients over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cupcakes.
Vanilla, Honey & Brown Sugar Face Scrub ~
* 1 rounded tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon Jojoba oil
* ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 3 tablespoons oatmeal
Mix together brown sugar, honey, jojoba oil, and vanilla extract. Stir in oatmeal. Apply to face and gently scrub. Rinse with warm water.
Honey Hand Softener~
* 1 tablespoons honey
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
Warm jojoba oil in a microwave safe bowl. Remove and stir to make sure temperature is uniform. The jojoba oil should be warm but not hot. Add brown sugar and honey and stir again. Massage into hands. Makes enough for several uses. Store at room temperature for a day, and then discard. Always test the temperature of the mixture before using it.
Vanilla Honey Martini~
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup honey (preferably a lighter one, such as clover honey)
12 tablespoons vanilla vodka
vanilla beans for garnish (optional)
1. Heat water until it is nearly boiling.
2. Mix in honey, and stir or whisk until it is completely melted in and incorporated.
3. Half fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. To make martinis two at a time, add 3 tablespoons honey simple syrup and 6 tablespoons vanilla vodka to the shaker. (Depending on the size of your shaker, you can make more at once; note that the ratio is simply one part honey simple syrup to two parts vodka.) Squeeze in the juice of one quarter lemon, or to taste. (Note that too much lemon will overpower the honey flavor.)
4. Shake well, and strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish each glass with a vanilla bean as a "stirrer."
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Posted by Pink Peony at 9:41 PM