Fall is here ( ok not so much in Tucson yet but...) & I have been sick with a cold . What I need right now is comfort. This movie is one of those for me. A little Hanks and Ryan to make it all better. AAAHHH....
This sweet romantic comedy reunites "Sleepless In Seattle" stars Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. He's the owner of a bookstore chain; she's the woman he falls for online. Both are unaware that she runs the little shop his company is trying to shut down.
"Someone you pass on the street may already be the love of your life."
with 2 dishes to comfort me( now if I could only get honey to fix it :).....
You've Got Mac & Cheese...
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 strips bacon (about 2.5 oz.), chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs such as tarragon, parsley, chives, and/or rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup brie cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to broil. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes, then drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tbsp. grease. Set bacon aside.
3. In the warm pasta pot, mix reserved grease, 2 tbsp. butter, the herbs, onions, garlic, and soft cheeses. Mix in warm pasta and bacon. Spoon into 4 ramekins (1 1/2-cup size); sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tbsp. butter and the bread crumbs, stirring to combine. Sprinkle evenly over cheese.
|You've Got McIntosh APPLE CRISP|
5 to 8 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. butter, melted
Butter a 10 x 6 inch baking dish. Fill 3/4 full with apple slices. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg. Sprinkle over apples. Pour melted butter over everything. Sprinkle cinnamon over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream!