In honor of the Winter Olympics this week-ends movie is "The Cutting Edge".
At the 1988 Winter Olympics at Calgary we see Doug Dorsey battered in a vicious hockey game against West Germany. We then see a Kate doing her program and falling when a lift goes bad. Both have fought all their life to get to the Olympics and suddenly the dream has been shattered. The movie then follows a tempermental but talented figure skater Kate through many partners until finally her coach resorts to recruiting a hockey player. Through the difficult training of 15 hours of skating a day they finally prepare for Nationals and the Olympics. A romance is budding and their final show could bend or break them as they try to achieve their dreams of an Olympic Gold medal.
With ..."Going for the Gold Chocolate Cake"
* 18 1/4 ounces yellow cake mix without pudding
* 3 3/8 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1/2 cup water
* 4 eggs
* 8 ounces sour cream
* 3 milk chocolate candy bars chop, 1.55 oz ea
* 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup pecans chop
1. In a mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, oil, water and eggs; beat on low speed for about 30 seconds or until moistened.
2. Beat 2 minutes on high.
3. Blend in sour cream.
4. Stir in candy bars, chocolate chips, and nuts.
5. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
6. Bake at 350ºF for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
8. Cool completely.
9. Chill before slicing.
10. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
11. bake it in a 13"x9" pan for about 45 minutes
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Posted by Wallflower Diaries at 1:48 PM