Thursday, June 3, 2010

~Katharine


In May the Katarine Hepburn stamp came out & I thought why not share a few fun Kate stuff:)



~Buy Book~

Katharine Hepburn's Brownies (yes she baked & these are GREAT!)


1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
print a shopping list for this recipe

Preparation1. Melt together 1 stick butter and 2 squares unsweetened chocolate and take the saucepan off the heat.

2. Stir in 1 cup sugar, add 2 eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and beat the mixture well.

3. Stir in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. (In the original recipe, 1 cup chopped walnuts is added here as well.)

4. Bake the brownies in a buttered and floured 8-inch-square pan at 325°F for about 40 minutes.

You can cut these brownies into squares, once they have cooled, and eat them out of the pan, but it is so much nicer to pile them on a fancy plate, from which people are going to eat them with their hands anyway. If you want to smarten up your act you can put a square of brownie on a plate with a little blob of créme fraîche and a scattering of shaved chocolate.


"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get - only with what you are expecting to give - which is everything. "
~Katharine Hepburn


3 comments:

California Girl said...

now I'll have to find this and sniff it. I remember it. Did not know it was create for her and she was so lovely...so must it be.

California Girl said...

Lifelong Hepburn fan until I read this book. She was soooo full of ME I wanted to scream. Perhaps I should not have been surprised but her self-absorption was incredibly irritating. I never saw her the same after that. I even found many of her performances way over the top. It was a disappointment.

Wallflower Diaries said...

Sadly I think this happens to a lot of people when they read about their heros from that time. I guess it does take an ego to allow Hollywood to take over their lives the way they did back then. I had a friend that loved Frank Sinatra until she read too much about him. Even my fav Audrey smoked & cheated on Mel with married men. But, to me she was still sweet & was still searching for more. Perhaps it's better to just watch them act. :)