Saturday, March 13, 2010

~How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You


"Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. "
~Coco Chanel

How to apply perfume:


Too much and people are gagging. To little and what's the point? Applying perfume is about putting on the right amounts in the correct places and creating a lasting impression. Learn how to put on perfume the right way.


1.Apply perfume to your wrists, the base of your throat, behind your earlobes, the creases of your elbows and between your breasts. These are merely the correct places to put on perfume. These are pulse points.

2.Lightly spray no more than three of these places with your perfume. A little goes along way.

3.Keep your skin moisturized. Perfume definitely lasts longer on oily skin than dry skin. For those of you with dry skin try putting on a little lotion before applying perfume.

4.Apply perfume to your hair only when it has been freshly washed. Other hair products will taint the scent so keep that in mind when applying .

5.Apply perfume to skin. Perfume can stain clothes.

6.Don't mix fragrances. Only use one scent at a time.

7.Apply perfume to the back of the knees. The heat in the creases of your knees creates a rising affect for the perfume. This way, your perfume is sure to last a little longer on your body.


What perfume works best for you? Take this Marie-Claire quiz to find out. Hers' mine...


You might like Woody/Floral Fragrances



You seem like the calm, nurturing type who makes others feel at ease. You have a self-confidence that's extremely attractive. Your boho-chic aesthetic is more glam than granola, and you always look great in an effortless way. This indicates that you might like a scent that's sexy yet earthy and unconventional. Classic woody/floral fragrances are dominated by notes of cedar,sandalwood, paper whites, peonies and vetiver. Some newer versions are blended with exotic oriental notes, fresh citrus and lush green leaves, or feminine flowers.

2 comments:

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

You are so right ... too much and people can't breathe.. too little and it is not noticed. I love perfume and I have pretty much had a favourite since I was 21 years old. I received my first bottle of Coco Chanel in the black box with gold trim. I have used others on and off over the years but have always had my "Coco". Coco Chanel's story is so inspiring and I always feel like I can do anything when I am wearing that perfume. Every time I wear it I usually get a comment of What are you wearing? and Where can I get it? It is alluring and elegant.
Having said that I have just recently tried the Vera Wang "Bouquet" .... and it is lovely and light so I will definitely try the "Truly Pink" plus the bottle is so pretty. However, I know my "Coco" will always be my first choice!
Lovely post!

Wallflower Diaries said...

I have a "go to" perfume also. Funny enough it isn't really an expensive kind. It's Rapture by Victoria's Secret. It seems to not smell good on anyone but,me. I get tons of free bottles of it from friends loving the smell on me but, hating it on them. I wear the light stuff during the day but,at night I break out the Rapture. It never fails to get me complements.