Strawberry Season is coming. So I thought I would share some "other" ways to enjoy these sweet little fruits.
Strawberry & Cream Face Mask~
# 4-5 very ripe med-size strawberries
# 2 tsp. heavy cream
# 1 tsp. honey
Puree strawberries, cream and honey together in a blender. Apply to your face evenly. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water or soft wash cloth.
Strawberry Shortcake Martini ~
1 shot amaretto
1 shot creme de cacao
2 double strawberry
2 doubles cream
take a number of ice cubes, 2 double shots of strawberry puree, 2 double shots of cream,add one shot of amaretto and one shot of creme de cacao blend for 1 min until mixture is thick. pour the mixture into a martini glass, cut a slit into the bottom of a strawberry, pour the strawberry puree cream in alternate lines across the cocktail and cross hatch with a cocktail stick, add the strawberry to the side of the glass, or in the center if you prefer.
~Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
* Recipe by Grace Parisi
1. 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2. 2 tablespoons cornstarch
3. 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1/8 teaspoon salt
5. 3/4 cup granulated sugar
6. 2 large eggs, at room temperature
7. 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8. 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
9. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
10. 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
FROSTING AND TOPPING
1. 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2. 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
3. 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4. Pinch of salt
5. 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
6. Strawberry jam
1. Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, beat the sugar with the eggs and vanilla extract at medium-high speed until smooth and thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the butter and oil and beat until incorporated, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl. Add the dry ingredients and milk in 3 alternating batches, beating well between additions. Carefully pour the batter into the lined muffin tins, filling them about two-thirds full.
4. Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for 20 to 23 minutes, until springy and a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool slightly in the muffin tin, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, make the frosting: In a medium bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, beat the softened butter at medium speed until smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and salt and beat the mixture at low speed just until combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until smooth. Add the milk or heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
6. Mix the frosting with strawberry jam to taste. Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes and serve.
Strawberry Vanilla Bread Recipe~
Submitted by: rec.food.recipes Johnson recipes
1 cup corn oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 (3 1/2 02.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
4 cups frozen strawberries, thawed (reserve juice)
In mixer bowl combine sugar, corn oil and vanilla pudding. Blend on medium speed, add eggs on low speed. Then mix on medium speed until mixture is creamy .
Combine dry ingredients and add 1 cup at a time on low speed, mixing thoroughly. Add strawberries and 3/4 cup juice; mix well. Pour into loaf pans; bake at 350'F for 50-60 minutes.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Posted by Pink Peony at 9:53 AM